The usual regular morning and afternoon sessions have ceased but you can attend the General Help Sessions which are being held every Wednesday mornings at 10.00am for the rest of March 2023. Drop in any time before 11.30 am. Click TimeTable to see when the next session is on.
This service is for all current members of SeniorNet Nelson and is FREE.
- Entry is via the Hall main door at the front of the building.
- Please wear your badge and sign in at the door.
- Don’t forget to bring your usernames, log-ins and passwords for all your applications.
- Help is available for queries and problems concerning Apple Macs and PCs with Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8 and 10) and we can also help with Android tablets, iPads, Smartphones and other devices.
- No question is too basic to ask – we have all been there!
- We look forward to helping you wherever we can with computing difficulties. We don’t have all the answers but, usually, we can point you in the right direction.
All our computers are connected to the internet. Fast wireless internet connection is available for laptops and other wireless devices. Charge your device before coming or bring a power cord if your battery is unreliable
Google and YouTube Help
You can often find help for your problem by searching online, it is quite likely that other people have had the same problem.
To search using Google
Start your search on Google by clicking this link https://www.google.co.nz/
Type a brief description of your problem in the search box (you may have to try a few different wording options), then click the magnifying glass, or tap Enter.
From the list of websites that are shown, open the site that has the most relevant title.
For more information on searching Google click
To search using YouTube
You can also find video instructions to help solve computer problems on Youtube.
Click this link to go to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/
Type your search query in the search box at the top of the YouTube screen/page and click the magnifying glass, or tap Enter.
Scroll down the page of videos which are shown and click the image or title of one that has the most relevant title.
For more information on searching YouTube go to GCFLearnFree