Welcome to SeniorNet Nelson
LEARNING TECHNOLOGY TOGETHER
SeniorNet Nelson is part of a community training network that supports and motivates people aged over 50 to use and enjoy computers and other technology in their everyday lives. All our Volunteers are also over 50.
- We are now opening for the new year and welcome all our current members and all newcomers to our 2022 events. Check our Timetable for Courses, Interest Groups and other regular get-togethers.
- Please be prepared to show your ‘My Vaccine Pass‘ to enter our rooms.
- We operate between February and November each year and have a break in December and January.
- REMEMBER TO CHECK OUR FACEBOOK and TWITTER pages. There are logo links at the top of every page.
- To learn more about us and to find out how to join click the Read More button below.
Covid Pass and other help over Summer
Recently SeniorNet Nelson ran a special Covid-19 Pass Help Session which was well attended. We have come to realise that there may still be a need for help so for those who do please come to any of our regular Help Sessions (check the Timetable for dates), or contact
- Peter Thompson Phone: (03) 547 4405, +64210635981
New Zealand has moved to the COVID-19 Traffic Lights system. The whole South Island is at Orange. Traffic Lights Settings
Life at Orange:
At Orange, there will be community transmission of COVID-19, with increasing risks to vulnerable communities, and pressure on the health system. A Vaccine Pass is required for entry to SeniorNet Nelson’s premises.
Help Sessions will recommence after the holidays.
Check the TimeTable for upcoming dates
For everyone’s safety:
- A Vaccine Pass is required for entry. All SeniorNet Nelson Members must have their Vaccine Pass validated on arrival. Helpers in attendance are fully vaccinated.
- Please use the NZ COVID Tracer app to make a record of your visit, or sign in.
- Masks are required, so remember to wear yours and keep a 1 metre distance.
- Please follow the recommended Covid guidelines above.
- If, for whatever reason, you are not vaccinated and need help with your device(s) please ring the SeniorNet Nelson answerphone (548 9401) and leave a message, or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating what you need help with. We will see what we can do.
Club Day will be held at Pioneer Park, 11 Hastings St, Nelson on Wednesday 16th February, 2022 at 2pm.
Telehealth has now confirmed that they will have a speaker for us on Club Day. To find out more click the Read More button below.
We will also let you know what is planned by email.
Please be prepared to show your ‘My Vaccine Pass’ to enter our premises.
Click/Tap the image, the title or “Read More” to go directly to the Newsletter website.
If you have any news to share with members let us know: Email email@example.com or ring a Committee Member to contribute something interesting we can all share.
Help Sessions - FOUR TIMES A MONTH (see above for phone helpers during lockdown)
Help is available for queries and problems concerning Apple Macs and PCs with Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8 and 10). We can also help with Android tablets, iPads, Smartphones and other devices.
No question is too basic – we have all been there! Experienced members will be on hand to help you.
We don’t have all the answers but, usually, we can point you in the right direction.
This service is for all current financial members of SeniorNet Nelson.
Senior Hangouts is seven-days-a-week free online tuition consisting of up to six half-hour presentations per day. A tutor, or Hangout “buddy”, meets up to six registered participants on an advertised topic at the scheduled date and time, and all parties can see and hear each other.
Hangouts covers a myriad of technology-related subjects. The presenter explains the topic by sharing his or her screen, often displaying a Powerpoint presentation. It is explained live, with participants able to interject and ask questions.
SeniorNet Nelson has four Special Interest Groups, held monthly.
All members are welcome, there is no need to register, just turn up – $2 towards overheads please.
Click/tap the title or the Read More button to find out more about our Interest Group. You can also find a link below to an article about each Group, with news of upcoming meetings and reports of previous meetings.
Android Interest Group (AIG)
Digital Imagery Group (DIG)
iPad/iPhone Interest Group (iPG)
Mac Interest Group (MIG)